Around this time last year, I was still pregnant with our baby, Zander. One of the things I was looking forward to when he arrived was giving him a bath because I knew bath time is a great bonding activity between moms and their babies. So, I began looking for baby bath products and chanced upon the newly released one from Belo Baby.
My criteria were simple but somewhat hard to find with some of the most popular baby products. I wanted Zander’s skin care products to be natural and free from harmful ingredients. It had to be hypoallergenic and gentle on baby’s skin. Plus, it had to smell good.
Why so meticulous with my criteria? Well, it’s because I knew the following facts about baby’s skin:
- Baby’s skin is paper thin. It is 20-30% thinner compared to adult’s skin.
- Baby’s skin is very permeable. It allows more substances through compared to an adult’s.
- Baby’s skin is not fully developed. It is not an efficient barrier to infection just yet.
That is why baby’s skin needs baby-ing. It needs safe, all natural care and I found that on Belo Baby’s products, which are 100% natural with 0% harmful chemicals. Their products are crafted with care for the most delicate skin, for the most meticulous moms. I love that Belo Baby took meticulous care in choosing not only which ingredients to put in and which to leave out.
What did they put in?
- Cocoa Butter – has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties; strengthens and moisturizes skin
- Shea Butter – a known superfood for the skin; naturally heals common skin conditions of babies like eczema and rash
- Sweet almond oil – a natural emollient for softening skin; locks in moisture into the skin
What did they leave out?
- Sulfates – strips the skin of its natural oils; a common irritant for sensitive skin
- Parabens – synthetic preservatives used to extend product shelf life; linked to cancer, endocrine disruption, and skin irritation
- Tetrasodium EDTA – a preservative made from formaldehyde and sodium cyanide; breaks down the skin’s protective barrier
- Phthalates – a chemical ingredient used as a plasticizer to soften plastics, helps lotion penetrate the skin
I especially love their Hair and Body Wash (P 219.75, 200ml), Bar Soap (P 79.75, 100g) and Face and Body Lotion (P 224.75, 150ml). They are all rich in certified natural cocoa butter, shea butter, and sweet almond oil to nourish and condition delicate skin.
I have been using these products on Zander since he was born and we love them! I love that you only need to use a little of each product to clean or moisturize your baby’s skin, which means the products last long. They don’t leave Zander’s skin dry after bathing. His skin still feels so soft and smooth all over. Plus, these products all have a very mild scent, certainly not overpowering like other baby products in the market.
Happy 1st Birthday, Belo Baby!!!
I’m so happy I discovered Belo Baby when it was launched last year. Time really does fly fast though because Belo Baby is now celebrating its first birthday! Yay! Happy first birthday, Belo Baby!
And because it’s Belo Baby’s birthday, we want more moms to experience how great their products are with an awesome giveaway! Three (3) winners will win a Belo Baby set which includes 1 soap, 1 wash, and 1 lotion!!!
This giveaway is open to Philippine residents and will be live from March 17 – 23, 2017. Winners will be drawn and announced on this blog on March 24, 2017. Belo Baby will ship the prizes to the winner.
To join, simply follow the Rafflecopter instructions below. Good luck!