My skin tends to be dry. That’s why I take moisturizing seriously. In fact, I’m always searching for the best moisturizing product in the planet. That’s why I was so excited to try Bio-Oil when I was given an opportunity to review it.
Bio-Oil is said to be the world’s leading scar and stretch mark product. It has already garnered so many accolades and awards all over the world as either the most recommended or No. 1 selling scar and stretch mark removal product. Several clinic trials have also been conducted over the years proving Bio-Oil’s effectivity.
So, what does Bio-Oil really contain? Well, it’s a combination of plant extracts and vitamins suspended in an oil base. It has PurCellin Oil™, which changes the formulation’s overall consistency, making it light and non-greasy, ensuring that the goodness contained in the vitamins and plant extracts is easily absorbed.
Bio-Oil is guaranteed safe for use, even by pregnant women, as it undergoes safety assessments in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on Cosmetic Products.
While Bio-Oil is known for improving the appearance of scars and stretch marks, it can also be used to improve uneven skin tones, ageing skin, and dehydrated skin.
To see results, one has to use Bio-Oil for at least 3 months. Results vary from person to person though.
In the Philippines, Bio-Oil is available in the following sizes:
25ml – Php 247.50
60ml – Php 495.00
125ml – Php 795.00
You can find Bio-Oil in the following stores:
Watsons Personal Store
Other leading drugstores
I was given a 60ml bottle of Bio-Oil to try. I was able to use it on my body for about a month. Here are my thoughts about the product.
- The oil is absorbed by the skin quickly.
- It is non-greasy, unlike some oils and lotions I’ve tried before.
- The scent is light and doesn’t stay on the skin too long.
- It keeps my skin moisturized longer than the lotions I normally use. This minimized the need to reapply several times a day. (It is recommended though to use Bio-Oil at least twice a day for best results.)
Areas for Improvement:
- The 60ml bottle has a white screw cap, which was easy to open and close. However, it forces you to pour oil on your hand. Sometimes, I unintentionally pour more than what I wanted, which is a pain. I would prefer it if it came in a squirt bottle instead to minimize the risk of making a mess.
- I find the price a bit steep for a small 60ml bottle. If you only apply the oil in certain problem areas, then you can make the bottle last long. However, if you use it as a body oil every day after shower like I do, then you can consume the bottle pretty quickly.
Also, I can’t really comment much on whether Bio-Oil has reduced the appearance of my stretch marks and scars because I was able to use it for about a month only. Bio-Oil recommends using the product for at least 3 months before you can see results. Being a mom of 4 who used to be super thin, you can just imagine how much stretching my skin had to go through. So, I’d need more time using the product before I can see improvement. Seeing how moisturized my skin is now though, I’m confident that Bio-Oil will yield good results.