Some of my best childhood memories involve MILO, the world’s leading chocolate malt beverage. I remember, I used to be a MILO Club member when I was a kid and that gave me access to exciting events and other privileges. That goes to show how long MILO has been in the country. 2014 actually marked their 50th year in the Philippines.
Even now as an adult, I still love MILO’s Chocomaltee goodness. Even my hubby and kids share the same love for the drink. In fact, we always buy a huge pack at the grocery every two weeks. It’s a drink we love to take not just for breakfast but at any time of the day. We love it hot or cold.
But did you know what makes MILO taste so good?
“MILO’s distinct Chocomaltee flavor from a combination of malted barley, milk powder, sugar and cocoa, coupled with the goodness of ACTIGEN-E, a unique combination of vitamins and minerals which help to optimize release of sustained energy from food, is what makes it special. Children love the goodness of the Chocomaltee taste from a glass of MILO that gives them the energy essential in an active lifestyle.”
It’s this energy-giving attribute that makes MILO a great partner for kids, most especially to those who are active in sports. I’m sure most of you already know about MILO’s participation in sports through its Summer Sports Clinics, MILO-B.E.S.T. Center Training Program, MILO Marathon, and MILO Little Olympics. The leading beverage brand believes that these contribute to the holistic development of Filipino champions in sports and in life.
I remember that as a MILO Club member, I was given a small recipe book that contained a lot of different ways to prepare MILO. The ones I remember now include MILO ice candy, which we even used to sell to the neighborhood kids. It was a hit!
At our house now, we love to drink MILO on its own, or with just a teaspoon of sugar or with some milk. But recently our friends over at the MILO headquarters shared a couple of delicious recipes that parents can try with their kids. Here they are.
No. of Servings: 1
- 1 piece MILO 22g
- ½ cup cold water
- sugar to taste
- ½ cup NESTLÉ Fresh
- Ice as needed
- MILO powder as needed for topping
- crushed chocolate pieces (optional)
- crushed KOKO KRUNCH (optional)
- candy sprinkle
- Dissolve 1 22g pack MILO in water. Add sugar if desired.
- Pour in NESTLÉ Fresh. Add ice as needed.
- Top with desired amount of MILO powder on top.
- To add more color and fun, decorate with chocolate pieces, KOKO KRUNCH and candy sprinkle if desired.
This next recipe is something really apt for the summer season!
No. of Servings: 2-4
- 1-2 tbsp chopped mango jelly
- ½ cup MILO
- 1-2 cups crushed ice
- 1 tbsp sugar or to taste
- ¼ cup BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink
- Put mango jelly on 2-3 glasses. Blend MILO, ice and sugar together in a blender jar.
- Pour prepared mixture in glasses. Top with BEAR BRAND Powdered Milk Drink before serving.
Why not try out these recipes with your kids? I’m definitely going to soon!