As a mom, one of the things I struggle with sometimes is how to make my kids listen to me, especially with my tweens, who now have a mind of their own. Some times, there are good days but there also times when no amount of talking could make them do what I want them to do. Well, maybe I just need to learn a few more things about communicating effectively with my children.
For you moms who, like me, are going through the same communication challenges with your children, you might want to check out this new workshop called Yes Mommy – How to Talk So Your Child Will Listen and Understand. It’s a collaboration between Optimommy.com
and Manila Workshops
Optimommy is a blog about positive parenting and intentional motherhood. The mom behind it is Jayme Gatbonton, who is blessed to be called “Mommy” by two girls, 5 – year old Jamaine and 4 – year old Kalia. After working in TV production for 9 years, she gave up her dream to be a newscaster so she can devote more time to her lifetime career: being mom. She underwent training in Neuro Linguistic Programming and became a freelance workshop facilitator. She is now a Mass Communications teacher, blogger and part time work at home mom. Jayme is passionate about raising children with love, patience and positivity. Her “heart work” lies in encouraging and empowering moms to fulfill their life’s passions while raising a loving family.
Here’s what you can expect to learn at the workshop:
At “Yes Mommy” you’ll learn about practical tips and tools to build a foundation of good communication with our young children. Topics include:
- Self Talk for Mommies: Why positive communication begins with you
- How to understand your child’s personality
- How to adjust your communication style based on your child’s personality
- The Three Elements of Positive Communication: Crucial factors to encourage your children to listen and understand
- How to say “no” by saying “yes”
“Yes Mommy” is called a workshop. But Jayme would rather call it a sharing session where you can connect with other moms, feel safe to share what you know and don’t know, and have comfort in knowing that you are not alone in this parenting journey. You will gain:
- Tools to start your day with calmness and intention
- Patience in dealing with your children
- Resources to communicate persuasively
- A network of like minded moms who can give encouragement and support
The date, venue, fees and payment options are as follows:
Date: Saturday, December 15, 2012 Time: 9:00 am to 4:45 pm
Venue: COWO – Ground Floor, Suntree Tower, #27 Sapphire Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
- Regular rate of Php 1,400 / participant
- Early bird rate of Php 1,200 / participant (PAID before Dec. 1, 2012 or via Okayokay.com until Dec. 10)
- Group discount of Php 1,000 for 3 or more participants *Lunch and afternoon snack are included
Payment may be via Okayokay.com or deposit to a UnionBank or BPI Account or via Paypal (Please add Php 50 for Paypal charges).
Good news to all of you! Since it’s Christmas season, you readers of mine can attend the seminar by paying only Php 500.00! Yup, you read that right. Just use my promo code/discount code: OptimommyRCR when you register.
So, what are you waiting for? If you wish to attend the event, sign up through this form. Enroll now!