This is one event I really, really wanted to participate in. Although I’m definitely not a runner, the event sounds like a fun family bonding activity, plus there’s no pressure to win. Haha!
Unfortunately, I’m having a delicate first trimester of pregnancy and so I wasn’t allowed by my OB to participate. Boohoo! Nevertheless, I’d like to share this event with you in case any of you want to join. It really sounds like a worthwhile activity that you and your family can do together.
Below is the info shared by Mommy Mundo regarding the 6th Mommy Milkshake Run.
Mommy Mundo always promotes a healthy family life and finds different avenues to create unique activities and build lasting experiences with families. With this in mind, Mommy Mundo decided to bring back the Mommy Milkshake Run, now on it’s 6th year, this family fun run was first organized in 2007, and lasted up til 2011. This year, we are bringing it back to complement our active parenting advocacy and bring our community together to celebrate active play and bonding. Come join us on Sunday, March 6, 2016, as we bond together with other families to celebrate togetherness and outdoor fun.
The 6th Mommy Milkshake Run will be a 3km and 5km run along the BGC area. This fun run is a relatively relaxed run where every member of the family can join! Including, but not limited to, expectant moms, moms & dads (with or without slings and strollers), toddlers & kids. The run will have no time limit.
This will be a family friendly fun run as we will have all your needs taken care of. We will provide Portable Toilets, as well as a Breastfeeding station and lounge for the nursing moms. We will also have a diaper changing area for parents with babies and toddlers.
There will be ample water stations along the route to provide hydration for all participants. First Aid stations and Medics will be available for any untoward incidents.
You won’t need to carry your little one for the entire race, as you can bring a stroller for them. However, we will not allow the use of bikes, skateboards, hover boards, and roller skates during the run. Pets are also not allowed.
Mommy Mundo will not be liable for any loss, we will have baggage claim area for all your belongings.
After the run, everyone will receive a certificate of participation, as well as a bag of goodies from our sponsors. Stay longer as we still have more fun in store for you! We’ll have a family fair with games, music, raffle prizes, food carts, special awarding ceremony, and an inflatable section for all the kids.
Here are a few things to remember:
1. Registration period is from January 25 to February 14. We will accept payments until February 15. We will follow the No payment, No run policy, so please be prompt. Registration is required for every participant, including children.
2. On February 13 and 14, you can register and pay at Planet Sports, BGC, from 12 noon to 8pm.
3. Registration Fee are as follows:
Children ages 2-12 years old = P300
Children below 2 years of age can enter for free, but has to be registered.
3k = P500
5k = P650
4. You can claim your Race Kits from February 22 to March 4 at the Creative Juice office in 2F Fun Ranch, Frontera Verde, Ortigas Ave. Pasig City. Other pick up sites will be announced in our social media pages.
5. Race kits include The 6th Mommy Milkshake Run Singlet, Map of the venue, and the 3k/5k route.
6. On Race day, it is important to know that registration will start at 5:30am, location of meet up, to be determined. Race bibs will be handed to you upon registration. For our pregnant participants, please provide a medical certificate from your doctor/OB Gyne, allowing you to join this race.
7. Opening Program starts at 6:00am, where we will stretch and warm up our bodies before the run.
8. Race starts at 6:30am for the 5k run and 6:40am for the 3k run.
For more details, please visit www.mommymundo.com/milkshakerun2016.
The 2016 Mommy Milkshake Run is supported by Curves, Gatorade, Hi-Precision Diagnostics, and Growers.
Media Sponsor: The Fort City, Working Mom, and The Bull Runner
Venue Sponsor: Bonifacio Global City Estate
Medical Sponsor: Ambucore