If there’s one fruit that we always, ALWAYS have in our house it’s apples. Everyone in our house loves them.
We eat apples as is, add it to fresh fruit salad and even on French Toast. But aside from eating it, we also love to drink apple juice and when it comes to 100% apple juice, we only drink Mott’s. That’s why I was so happy to attend the Mott’s event that took place last week at Earth Kitchen in Bonifacio High Street.
Mott’s started way back in 1842 when S.R. Mott started growing apples in New York. Since then, Mott has perfected advanced pasteurization and filtration techniques at his mill, resulting in the popularity of his products. Mott’s 100% Original Apple Juice has been loved by generations of mothers for the natural goodness it provides the entire family.
We all know that an apple a day keeps the doctor away but do you know why? It’s because it is packed with all sorts of nutritional benefits that helps boost your immune system, cleanses your liver, prevents cataracts, controls weight, and contributes to a healthy heart.
Mott’s 100% Original Apple Juice, in particular, is not just 100% juice but also 100% delicious! Every eight-ounce serving provides your family with two servings of fruit and 120% Daily Value Vitamin C. Plus, it provides the following health benefits too:
- Protects the heart: Because of the antioxidant flavonoids and phytonutrients in apple juice, drinking apple juice helps lower the risk of heart disease.
- Goodbye asthma: Because apple juice is so high in antioxidants, it can very well help prevent asthma attacks. A study has shown that apple consumption has been associated with decreased risk of asthma.
- Prevents cancer: Apple juice not only has antioxidant activity, it also has antimutagenic characteristics, anti-inflammatory mechanisms, and immunity features, among others. All these help reduce the risk of cancer.
- Improves memory: A new study shows drinking apple juice may improve memory. By preventing the decline of an essential neurotransmitter known as acetylcholine, drinking apple juice may help improve one’s memory.
- Helps fight Alzheimer’s Disease: Antioxidant-rich apple juice may also reduce problems associated with memory loss and help fight Alzheimer’s disease.
During the event, we were introduced to Mott’s first brand ambassador in the Philippines, who is no other than Janice Villanueva, founder of Mommy Mundo. Janice, like many of us moms, is also in charge of her family’s health and makes sure they get the right about of vitamins and minerals every day.
Janice says that “Like most moms today, I am discerning about what I put in the grocery cart, what goes into our refrigerator, what goes into my kids’ bodies. First thing we moms do when we consider buying a product is usually to check the label. When you see a label like that of Mott’s we sometimes feel we hit the jackpot because we’ve found a healthier alternative for our family. The fact that it not only tastes good, but this 100% Apple Juice, with 0% fat, no sugar added, is gluten free and with added Vitamin C and knowing that it has been a well-loved brand for more than a century makes Mott’s a perfect complement to my goals for a healthy lifestyle for me and my family”.
But with all the apple juice products available in the market these days, how do you know which one to choose? Cheshire Que, RND, RN, RD, who was also a guest at the event, advises moms to always check the label and choose the one that is 100% natural. She also said that we should avoid products that are high in sugar, particularly those that contain high fructose corn syrup, HFCS, fructose syrup, corn syrup, corn sugar, maize syrup, glucose syrup or glucose-fructose syrup.
Ms. Que also shared some easy and yummy recipes that we can try at home using Mott’s 100% Original Apple Juice. Here they are.
We got to try a little of these recipes during the event and I can honestly say that they’re all delicious and that your kids will love them for sure.
The event was also a lot of fun because we were asked to group together and recycle an empty bottle of Mott’s and turn it into something else.
Here’s what all the groups came up with.
Ours was that Christmas tree in the middle of the photo. Our group was one of the two winners chosen and we were really so proud because we finished the tree without any scissors at all. I actually had to use my pen to cut the tape. Haha!
Anyway, I’m also happy to let you know that Mott’s is actually hosting a contest right now that all of us can join.
Mott’s Name the Apple Twins Contest Mechanics:
1. Brainstorm with your child and think of a name for our mascots, the Apple Twins.
2. Tell us your suggested names in a creative way and post it on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. It can be through a photo, video, poem, artwork, etc.
3. Don’t forget to set your account to public until January 15, 2015 (otherwise, it won’t be visible). On all posts include our official hashtags #mottsPH #mottsgoodness #applelicious. If on Facebook, make sure to tag Fly Ace Corporation
4. If you’re suggested names are chosen, you will get to enjoy one year supply of Mott’s 100% Apple Juice for your family!
Terms and Conditions:
1. Contest will run from October to December 31, 2015
2. Winner will be announced via Facebook on January 15, 2015
3. Winner will be chosen by officers of Fly Ace Corporation and Mott’s Representative, and will be contacted via PM
4. Prize of 1 year supply of Mott’s Apple Juice will be delivered to the winner’s home
5. There should be 2 names suggested, or entry will be invalid. Names will become property of Fly Ace Corporation and may be used for any promotional and marketing activities by Mott’s
6. In case of duplication, prize will be awarded to the first one to post based on post date.
7. Contest is open to Filipino residents nationwide
Mott’s 100% Original Apple Juice is available in 32oz and 64oz in leading supermarkets and groceries nationwide. For more information about Mott’s 100% Original Apple Juice, do visit Fly Ace Corporation at www.flyacecorp.com.