After giving birth with all my four kids, I always experienced apprehension when it came to giving my baby a bath for the first time. I was nervous because I didn’t know if my baby will like bath time or not. As time passed by though, I become more confident during baby bath time as I discovered what my babies liked and disliked about the process. Recently, our baby bath time ritual involved Sanosan.
Recommended by midwives and trusted by parents worldwide, Sanosan is a German brand that offers Filipino mothers products formulated with natural ingredients, such as olive oil and hydrolyzed milk protein, and has passed numerous international standards on safety and allergies.
Sanosan was launched in 1980 . Their products have no parabens, paraffin oils or dyes, and are hypoallergenic, and clinically tested.
Their product line consists of a comprehensive list of bath and skin care products for babies as well as for moms too. We received and got to test some of them recently and I must say, they’re really mild but does the job well. They leave our baby Zander’s skin smooth and clean without drying it. We also love the scent of the products because they’re not overpowering and just smells fresh and clean.
Baby Bath Time Tips
What I’ve learned about baby bath time all these years is that it can be a special bonding experience for you and your baby. But this can only happen if you make this ritual a pleasant and fun time for both of you.
Sanosan shares with us some baby bath time tips that will help us moms take advantage of this stage in our baby’s life where our touch is a vital tool in making them feel comfortable, loved, and soothed.
1. In bathing your baby, it is important to prepare all the things you need first. This includes the towel, warm water, flannel, and gentle, natural baby wash. Make sure they are within easy reach during actual bathing.
2. You may also want to have someone help you during your first few baths. Ask your partner, another family member or yaya to assist you.
3. Sponge baths are for babies with their umbilical stump still attached. Once the stump falls off on its own, you may do soak baths instead.
4. Make sure to test the warm water on your wrist or with your elbow first to check if it’s too hot or cold.
5. Remember that your baby’s skin is sensitive. Gently clean your baby with Sanosan Baby Bath and Shampoo or Baby Care Soap, a gentle and natural baby wash designed for delicate baby skin. If you have toddlers or pre-schoolers, you can wash your children with Sanosan Natural Kids 2-in-1 Sensitive Shower and Shampoo from top to toe! For sure, your baby is going to experience #SanosanBathTimeFun!
6. For newborns, be sure to keep the umbilical stump dry for faster healing.
7. Don’t forget to clean between the folds of the skin.
8. After the sponge bath, delicately pat your baby dry. Remember that babies tend to get cold quickly so wrap up your baby in flannel or soft towel right after bathing.
9. As the weather gets colder, it is suggested to moisturize and nourish your baby’s skin by gently rubbing it with Sanosan Baby Care Lotion.
10. Enjoy cuddling and playing with your baby! Baby smell after bath time is truly the best!
Such great tips, right? If I may add though, some babies tend to get scared with the water. Our Zander, for instance, hates getting his head wet. What I do to keep him from crying is to sing lullabies to him while bathing him. This distracts him and makes him smile and doesn’t even realize I’m already washing his hair!
How about you, mommies? What baby bath time tips can you share?
To learn more about Sanosan Philippines, check them out on Facebook and Instagram for more exciting announcement and updates. Sanosan is available at Lazada, Baby Company, Kids Company, and coming soon at Mercury Drug and other leading department stores nationwide.
This product is new to me. The only brand that i know is the johnsons and johnsons product but i’m glad that there are other brands who are now competing with them, as long as it has a natural ingredients and it takes care of my children’s skin, that’s what i’m after.
Oh my gosh, look at those cute and chubby cheeks. Kakagigil, gusto ko na ulit magkababy lol. This is my first time hearing about this brand.
Chubskulit Rose recently posted…Serenading Grandpa
I have not heard of this brand until now. I guess it works good, because that baby’s skin looks really healthy. When my kids were growing up, I let them sit inside a laundry basket in the tub. That way, I know they won’t have an accident of slipping and accidental drowning.
Thanks for sharing this brand, I just knew about this, your baby’s skin looks so nice and looks so cute and fluffy. I will recommend this to my friend since she just had a baby. <3
Awww! Your baby is so cute. Giving our baby their first bath is a little scary ‘coz we do not know if the baby is not allergic to the bath produts.
Jessica Cassidy recently posted…My wife made me a very special photo book from Adoramix
It’s my first time to hear about Sanosan brand. Well, I have tried a particular brand and so far, my son is hiyang of it. Well, if I get to give birth to another baby soon (when I get married, hopefully hahaha), I may consider this. 🙂 I love that you shared tips here this is really helpful for first-time mommies. 🙂
Product is new to me as well. Never heard it before. This post reminds me of Nate when he was still a baby. Oh, and his first bath was so funny, he was wailing when the nurse bathe him in the hospital, lol!
Above Precious Rubies recently posted…To Our Dear Bunso on Her 17th Birthday
Wow this is perfect since I am looking for a new brand to try out. Sawa na kasi kami sa ginagamit namin hehehe. Will definitely check this one. Thanks!
mhaan a recently posted…6 Things Wives Really Want for Valentines
Havent tried any of their products. Would love to try this brand as well. I Would love to.try as many brands as possible so I would know what would be best for my baby.
Berlin recently posted…MOMI LEARNS| Son teaches mom to sharpen the axe
Tabachingching na ni Zander! I haven’t tried Sanosan products yet but they sound like a must-try…
Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen recently posted…Healthier Fizz with Del Monte Fizzy Juice Drink
First of all, your baby is very cute. Those cheeks!!!
I’ve not heard of Sanosan yet. I am not sure if it was already a product when I had my daughter 19 years ago hahaha. It’s been a long, long time since I held a baby. Back then, I used J&J on her. She loved it a lot and still uses the shampoo to this day. 🙂
These weren’t around yet when I had my girls too. This brand was just recently launched here in the Philippines but has been around in Germany for long time already.